The Board of the CAPS is committed to a long-term strategy of measurable success and excellence in the fields of child abuse prevention and family support.
- Chair – Renee Carter
- Renee Carter joined the CAPS Board in April 2009, and was appointed Chair in May 2009. Renee is also Executive Director and co-owner of Designate Group, and has 6 years involvement with Australasian Reporting Awards (ARA), including 3 years as Coordinator of the Online Reporting Award. With a B Design (Visual Communications), she brings her knowledge of business management, strategic planning, communications, branding, business development and a commitment to best practice.
- Vice Chair – Anna Brown
- Anna joined the board in July 2009. She has a Bachelor of Commerce and Management and Post Graduate Diploma in Management. Anna has extensive senior management experience in the Australian, New Zealand, Asia Pacific and US banking and airline industries. Her particular expertise is in strategic planning and change management.
- Secretary – Rosemary Allsopp
- Rosemary joined the CAPS board in July of 2010. Rosemary has a Bachelor of Arts (Honours), a Masters of Education, and is currently completing a Graduate Diploma in Corporate Governance. Rosemary has extensive professional experience in non-profit sector membership based organisations, as an executive officer. Rosemary’s volunteer experience has included representing the community on a professional conduct committee, as well as providing strategic support and fundraising in the disability sector.
- Board Member – Kate Boyle
- Kate has a BA/LLB, Grad Dip Legal Practice, Grad Dip Applied Corporate Governance, Grad Cert Applied Finance and Investment, MBA (in progress). She is an experienced corporate lawyer with particular skills in corporate governance, risk and compliance. Her experience spans ten years across a range of public and private organisations including Macquarie Bank, Deloitte and NAB. Kate’s volunteer experience includes experience in strategy development with not-for-profit entities, as well as providing mentoring and support to at-risk teenagers.
- Treasurer– Andrew Grech
- Andrew Grech was appointed Treasurer in July 2010. He is a Chartered accountant and spent more than ten years in public accounting in Australia and the Czech Republic before joining a leading global Technology, Outsourcing and Consulting company in their Business Process Outsourcing (Shared Services) business. Over several years in BPO/Shared Services, most of which was in Slovakia and the Czech Republic, Andrew held general management roles, with an emphasis on business start-up and people management. Andrew holds a Master of Commerce degree and has completed additional studies in Corporate Governance. Having returned to Australia in 2009, he participates in a refugee mentoring program and is keen to support CAPS.
- Board Member – Dr Anne Adams
- Anne joined the board in October 2006. She holds a BA (Social Science), MA (Education), PhD (Child health and parenting), and Grad Dip Counselling. Anne has experience in health as a registered nurse, children’s nurse and nurse educator over 13 years; an academic (UTS) with teaching, course development and research in child and family health specialty for 16 years; supervisor, co-ordinator and counsellor in community services, 9 years and current Volunteer with CAPS helpline since October 2005. Anne has an ongoing interest in child development, children’s services and supportive programs.
- Board Member – Helen McPaul
Helen currently works as a Pastoral Counselor within the Anglican church, she commenced with the CAPS Board in November 2008 having been the National Coordinator for 2 years of CAPS and prior to that the Senior Case Worker for 8 years. Helen has trained as a relational counselor and marriage educator with Anglicare – Sydney. Prior to her time with CAPS she worked as a Pastoral counselor with the Anglican church. Helen has worked with the Spastic Society and the Autistic Society and has a passion for ensuring children have the opportunity to reach their potential.
- Board Member – June Crowley
June Crowley is an experienced technology professional and general manager. She has extensive experience in the public and private sectors both in the UK and Australia. This included delivery of a program of advisory services on using technology to manage sovereign debt in a number of commonwealth developing countries. She has worked in the financial services sector for 15 years most recently as General Manager, Technology at MLC (part of the NAB group). June is currently Chief Information Officer for The Benevolent Society. June has BSc in Environmental Science (Griffith University) and MSc in Economics (University of London).
- Board Member – Ann Jewitt
Ann Jewitt joined the CAPS board in August 2010 and has over 15 years HR leadership experience across a range of industries including Insurance, Pharmaceutical, Construction and Mining Equipment, Manufacturing and Finance. Ann has Masters degrees in Organisational Coaching, Labour Law and Relations and Commerce. Ann is currently completing a Graduate Diploma in Psychology. Ann’s volunteer experience includes over 6 years telephone counselling and 1 year supervising telephone counsellors and is keen to support CAPS.
- Honorary Corporate Advisor – Stephen Cartwright
Stephen Cartwright is currently Chief Executive Officer of NSW Business Chamber. Stephen was formerly the Managing Director of Chandler Macleod Group Ltd (a company which he founded) and prior to that was a founding partner of specialist law firm Fisher Cartwright Berriman. Stephen is a proven business builder, and is a dynamic and visionary leader with exceptional people skills.